I’ve seen a few posts like this on other blogs recently and I thought I’d write a post with random facts about myself. It’s a way for you to get to know the person behind the posts. Here are some of the things that make me unique.
1. Rosebud and I share the same birthday. No. that wasn’t planned, but it was her original due date.
2. I’m a lefty and we all know about the Genius of lefties.
3. I’m a collector. I’ve had many collections over the years. For a while it was keychains when I used to travel more. I had a small collection of unique candles, but I stopped that when I kept getting endless store bought typical jar candles on every occasion. My childhood collections were rocks, shells, porcelain dolls and snow globes, later on. Most of those have broken over the years, but my unicorn collection has stuck with me.
4. Speaking of collecting, whenever I go clothes shopping, I can’t help but buy more shirts. Even if I’m only going for pants.
5. Raggedy Anne dolls creep me out. I hate the faces that are painted on and their stringy hair. A three dimensional face was always a must. I’ve been creeped out by them since I was a kid. In fact, if I hear a story about a haunted doll, I always picture one of those. I refused to let my mom buy one for Rosebud.
6. My first job was collating books. It was boring as hell and I had this horrible boss who insisted that we couldn’t talk to each other. We were working on collating Harry Potter books back when they first came out. I’ve never read anything from the Harry Potter series.
7. I lived in the same house until I was 18, but moved seven times between my 20’s and early 30’s. Only one of those times was out of state.
8. I can’t stand coffee. I don’t care for the smell. The closest thing I’ll have is a cappuccino.
9. I pierced my own ears when I was twelve using just an earring. Yes, I have a high tolerance for pain.
10. I named all my dolls when I was a kid and I probably had 40 to 50 of them.
11. I actually prefer cloudy days because I can see better when I’m outside.
12. One of my favorite hobbies is making pottery. The amount of things you can do with clay is endless.
How about you? What makes you unique? Let me know in the comments.